Last Friday I put a call-out for readers to share the funny town names they’ve run across in their travels, and we got a ton of great responses! Without further delay, I give you some of the more interesting results of this captivating geographical research:
- Gadling blogger Neil reminded us that he had the opportunity to visit Puke, Albania last summer, and on the way “a ten year old kid in the minivan lived up to the town’s namesake and lost his lunch out the window of the minivan.” Score one for that kid.
- Toni happily noted that she lives near the lovely town of Buttsville, New Jersey.
- B. Cunningham gave us Toad Suck, Arkansas. I wonder how far that is from Weiner?
- In case you forgot, Divester.com superblogger Willy spent 6/6/06 in Hell.
- My favorite of the bunch: Cucumber, West Virginia was brought to our attention by ED. Thanks ED!
- Nick points out Athol, Idaho, which he urges must be said aloud to be fully appreciated. Thufferin’ thuccotash!
- Last, but certainly not least, my wonderful mom gives us two Texas towns: Comfort and Welfare.
If you’d like to see the full list of suggestions sent in by our readers, visit the comment section of “A Town Named WHAT?” and if you’d like to add to the list, feel free to do so in the comments of this post.
Thanks for sharing!