In honour of the annual edition of the Guinness Book of World Records coming out today, I’m going to recap some of the craziest records that have made the book this year, according to this article from Reuters:
- A man in Australia smashed 40 watermelons with his head in just one minute
- German Thomas Vogel somehow managed to undo 56 bras in 60 seconds
- An American, Jackie Bibby, allowed 95 rattlesnakes into his bathtub.
- A yoga instructor in India snorted eight fish in through his mouth and out through his nose (yuck!)
- Michel Lotito from France has eaten 128 bicycles, 15 supermarket trolleys, six chandeliers, two beds and a pair of skis over the years
- Dong Changsheng from China pulled a 1.5-tonne care with hooks that he attached to his lower eyelids (oh. my. god. I am in pain just thinking about that)
- Over 1000 Australian beauties crowded on to Bondi Beach in Sydney in free bikinis to claim the prize for biggest swimsuit photoshoot.
I wonder how much money one gets paid for scoring a world record? Because in some cases, it just doesn’t really seem worth it.