Know what the best part about Halloween is? The candy. The sweet, sweet candy. Whether you’ve long outgrown trick-or-treating or not, being surrounded by sugary goodness is some sort of gluttonous version of heaven. Or at least to me it is.
Still, candy doesn’t have to be confined to Halloween; If you’re looking for a place to satisfy your sweet tooth, here’s a list of the Sweetest cities in the US, according to the National Confectioners Association:
- Hershey, PA. Well, duh. I think the name says it all. Head to the Hershey plant on Halloween and you’ll be treated to lots of free samples.
- New York, NY. With attractions like M&M’s World and a 16-story Hershey’s store in Time Square, it’s easy to see why New York is known for more than just apples.
- Orlando, FL. Disney world is a sweet-lovers haven, with sweet shops and a replica of Ghirardelli Square.
- San Francisco, CA. If Ghirardelli Square and the Scharffen Berger chocolate factory aren’t enough, San Francisco also boasts the world’s largest Pez dispenser.
- Chicago, Il. With a stadium named after gum, you know sweets are big here.
- Los Angeles, CA. Like Orlando, Disneyland is the place to be in LA for sweets.
- Boston, MA. Boston was crowned the Trick-or-Treat Capital in 2006 for its abundance of sweet stuff.
- New Orleans, LA. Classic sweet shops like Laura’s Candy Shop and Aunt Sally’s Praline Shop make this city a hit with sweet tooths (or is it sweet teeth … ?)
- Las Vegas, NV. This Halloween, Vegas trick-or-treaters will be treated to chocolate poker chips. Umm … not a good idea for chocoholics …
- Kansas City, MO. When in Kansas City, be sure to enjoy a tour of the Russel Stover headquarters.