Introducing Gadling’s newest blogger…. Anna Brones:
1. Where was your photo taken: Karlskrona, Sweden. It’s a statue of a man that once used to ask for money in front of the church and today you can raise his hat and drop in a coin.
2. Where do you live now: Portland, Oregon.
3. Scariest airline flown: It wasn’t the airline itself, but my flight from Puerto Rico to Pointe-à-Pitre, Guadeloupe with American Eagle, which was a tiny plane that took a lot of quick dips.
4. Favorite city/country/place: Sweden in the summertime.
5. Most remote corner of the globe visited: The middle of the Atlantic Ocean; I was on a CMA-CGM cargo ship.
6. Favorite guidebook series: When travel planning, I tend to go to a good used book store, grab a few, take a seat on the floor and start scratching notes in my travel journal. Then after some good time with each of them I pick out the one I like best.
7. First culture shock experience: It was actually reverse culture shock. I had been living in Sweden for a year, and two days after coming home my parents and I went shopping at Costco. I got so overwhelmed by everything “American” that I broke down crying and had to go and sit in the car while my parents checked out.
8. Languages spoken: English, French and Swedish. Hopefully I will cram in a fourth someday soon.
9. Most recent trip: Six weeks in and Vietnam and Cambodia.