Learn a new language and you’ll see that the first few things you remember are the insults. It’s fun to insult in a foreign language and there is normally a whole lesson dedicated to them at language schools (well, there was at mine, anyway!)
Today I received in my inbox a link to this piece: “The 9 Most Devastating Insults From Around The World” — they are really rude, no — they are obscene and you will wonder what kind of people talk like this. Unfortunatley, such phrases are an essential part of the culture of these places. Here they are:
*Warning: The rest of this post is full of bad language. If you are easily offended, don’t continue reading*
- The Spanish: “Suck butter from my ass” (Chupe mantequilla de mi culo): Yup, I’ve heard this one many times — I didn’t know it came from another most commonly used insult here “I shit in the milk” (me cago en la leche), which is insulting because milk comes from your mother and you drink it, so obviously taking a crap in it is just an outright offence.
- The Arabs: “A thousand dicks in your religion” (Elif air ab dinikh): Ouch.
- The Irish: “He’s as thick as a bull’s walt” (that is, as dumb as an erect bull penis).
- The Bulgarians: “Let a hungry Carpathian long-haired she-wolf blow your dick, fuck” (Gladna Karpatska valchitza s dalag kosam minet da ti prai deeba): I’m not quite sure how good that translation is, but yikes…
- The Chinese: “Fuck the 18 generations of your ancestors” (Cao ni zu zong shi ba dai): Wow, that’s a curse that insults everything you stand for!
- The Icelanders: “Grandfatherfucker” (Afatottari): I’m surprised that hasn’t carried over to the English language.
- The Armenians: “I’ll make sarma with your penis’ skin” (Glirit mortin hed sarma shinem).
- The Serbians: “May God give you to search for your children with a Geiger counter” (Da bog da trazio detzoo Gaygerovim broyachem): I totally don’t understand this one.
- The Romanians: “Stick your hand in my ass and jerk off with my shit” (Sa-mi bagi mana-n cur si sa-mi faci laba la cacat): BY FAR THE WORST I HAVE EVER HEARD.
Here is a list of common Hindi insults, none of which compete with the above!
What are the worst insults in your country?