1. Where was your photo taken: Somewhere along a three-day trek between Kalaw and Inle Lake in Myanmar.
2. Where do you live now: Honolulu, Hawaii
3. Scariest airline flown: Avianca (a Colombian airline) — Avianca flights never depart on time. We once departed from Bogotá to Quito only to discover the Quito airport was closed. So we grounded down in Cali for a few hours and then returned to Bogotá. I finally landed in Quito the next day. That turned out to be the longest “two-hour” flight of my life.
4. Favorite places traveled: India, Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Croatia, Bolivia, Colombia, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Bali, West Timor, Vanuatu, Fiji (Sorry, I can’t choose just one!)
5. Most remote corner of the globe visited: South River, on the island of Erromango in Vanuatu (I was looking for surf)
6. Favorite guidebook series: Anything but Lonely Planet
7. Solo traveler or group traveler: Group travel? What’s that? If there’s even a small gaggle of tourists somewhere I’m outta there. I prefer the road not taken.
8. Most recent trip: I spent three months in Colombia writing for Viva Travel Guides.
9. Next trip: I’m saving up for a very short trip to these places — New Zealand, Russia, Mongolia, Nepal, Iceland, Scandinavia, Ukraine, Maldives, Mauritius, Samoa, Japan, Korea, Sub-Saharan Africa, Morrocco, Portugal, Brazil, the Galapagos, Banff — at which point I could just feel fulfilled enough to settle down here in Honolulu.
Check out Bren’s online journal (SurfEatSleep) or email her (email@example.com) with questions!