After finding so many outrageously stupid yet entertaining laws yesterday for my top 10 stupidest laws you may encounter abroad, I decided it would be foolish – no, negligent not to continue.
Here are ten more very stupid laws from countries all over the world:
- Singapore – If you are convicted of littering three times, you will have to clean the streets on Sundays with a bib on saying, “I am a litterer.”
- Sweden – You may only own half a meter down in the ground of any land you own.
- U.K. – Since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armor in Parliament.
- England – All English males over the age 14 are to carry out 2 or so hours of longbow practice a week supervised by the local clergy.
- Cambodia – Water guns may not be used in New Year’s celebrations.
- Australia – It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday Sunday.
- Denmark – One may not be charged for food at an inn unless that person, by his or her own opinion, is “full”.
- France – No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner.
- Israel – It is forbidden to bring bears to the beach.
- Bahrain – A male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals, but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.