First, where ever you are, I hope you’re toasty warm. Man, is it cold in Ohio!
Hopefully, you’ve been inspired to travel by our budget travel series this month. There are two more weeks to go. Thanks to Jeremy’s post, I’ve hooked into the idea of checking out Puerto Rico, a place I haven’t been. In regards to those cities where I have traveled, I have a stash of new ideas.
For more budget travel ideas, here are five more posts. Two are about people who have unconventional methods for seeing the world.
- Aaron’s post How to earn 300,000 frequent flyer miles without buying a plane ticket gives an overview of Chris Guillebeau’s method of using credit card sign up bonuses to amass miles. Not great for a credit score, but an idea for how to travel without actually spending large sums of money for the tickets.
- Although, I suspect that having a TV show helps, Leon Logothetis knows how to make it from Moscow to Paris on 5 euros a day.
- If you’re looking for a bargain, and don’t mind commercialism in large doses, Tom points out how Orlando is offering some great deals.
- For the under 25 crowd, national museums in France will soon be free. Alison gives an overview of when this will happen and what bounties you can see if you head to France. This certainly will make Paris more affordable.
- And for those who live in New York City scouting out deals to travel away from the Big Apple, Annie’s post on Jauntsetter, the Website that gives New Yorkers updates on cheap travel, is a heads up on where to look.