It’s Aloha Friday as they say here on the islands — and a very special Friday at that! Today marks the beginning of the 62nd annual King Kamehameha Day festivities in Hawaii, so you can count on me enjoying the parade, draping ceremony, fun, and sun that lasts through the weekend.
Here are some other cool “happenings” going on in the travel blogosphere to jump start your weekend:
- The Perceptive Travel Blog put together a great guide to traveling green in Hawaii. I intend to put some of these tips into practice this summer!
- A trip through Eastern Europe is in my cards, and these money-saving, hassle-free tips on getting around Eastern Europe will definitely come in handy.
- I’m also planning a road trip from San Francisco to Vancouver later this summer, so I think these 10 essential items for backcountry travel will also be put to use.
- If you don’t have a car, then hitchhike it this summer! Rolf Potts’s Vagablogging network has a cool hitchhiking guide.
- In the meantime, I’ll be stuck here in the big city of Honolulu, and these social spaces will hopefully provide some respite from my busy, chaotic, urban life.
Have a great weekend, Gadlinkers. ‘Til Monday, aloha…
For past Gadlinks, click HERE.