Yesterday, we announced Gadling’s “Perfect Road Trip” contest, a fantabulous contest in which Gadling is partnering with Cadillac to send one lucky winner (and a friend!) on his or her perfect road trip, all expenses paid. All you have to do is describe your favorite road trip, and if you’re selected as the winner, Cadillac will provide —
- airfare for you and a friend from your home(s) to the start of your road trip destination;
- a new Cadillac SRX to drive for the duration of a the road trip (sorry, you have to give it back at the end of the trip);
- money for fuel and expenses along the way (think: hotel and meals);
- airfare from the road trip’s end point back to your home.
Here’s how the contest works —
- In the comments below, leave a comment telling us about your favorite road trip. (Please: no months-long trips here; the road trip may only be two days long, but that’s PLENTY of time to, say, cruise the Florida Keys.)
- You don’t have to have been on the road trip before — it can be one you’re dreaming about — but try to be specific. Make us drool over your imagined itinerary. (Hint: the prize will be available in September, so try to think of a relevant destination — and that destination must be in the Continental US.)
- You can only leave one road trip suggestion, so choose wisely. Successive road trip ideas will remain visible on the site, however, for other people to dream about.
- All submissions must be left by July 22, 2009, at 5pm EST, in order to be considered.
- Gadling’s road trip gurus will choose the 5 best road trip ideas from those left in the comments.
- We’ll present Gadling’s readers with the list early next week, and they’ll vote on which is the best road trip — and therefore, who should be the winner of the contest.
- Leaving a comment below constitutes having read, understood, and agreed to the complete rules (link is a PDF).