Heading abroad? Think twice before you have sex on the beach (or anywhere else in public), because the penalties for being caught could mean the difference between one heck of a night, or 2 years in jail.
A German travel review site compiled a list of the various countries, and how they deal with people caught in the act:
- Sweden: €50
- Italy: €300 plus up to 2 years in prison
- Croatia: €150 plus up to 30 days in prison
- Romania: Up to 7 years in prison
- Spain: Up to €75,000 (average fine is €700)
- Thailand: Up tp $750
- Turkey: €200 and up to 2 months in prison
- Egypt: Up to 3 years in prison
- Denmark: Up to 4 years in prison
- France: €15,000 and up to one year in prison
- Greece: Up to 2 years in prison
So, now you know which countries to avoid if you plan to have sex in public! Some major tourist destinations have added manpower to their police force with the sole purpose of catching couples in the act. The Spanish party island of Ibiza issues an on-the-spot fine of €700 ($1000) if you get caught, which obviously puts a major dent in your vacation budget.