Get the champagne on ice, don your finest party hat and put out a cheese plate, because today we are celebrating the ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF SKYMALL MONDAY! On October 13, 2008, Gadling charged me with delivering to you, our dear readers, one SkyMall product review per week. Did I want that responsibility? Yes. Do I enjoy doing it? Of course. Should I be celebrated for it? Absolutely. But you know who else should reap the benefits of our weekly SkyMall dalliances? You! So, to celebrate the first anniversary of SkyMall Monday, we’re giving away a $100 gift card to…SKYMALL!
First things first. Let’s take a walk down memory lane and look at some of the best products featured in SkyMall Monday over the past 12 months. From massive travel pillows to motorized coolers to umbrellas built for two, I’ve reviewed plenty of amazing gear that you most certainly now own. And to make things interesting, we have a poll to decide which SkyMall Monday was your favorite.
After the jump, a look back at some of our favorites and your chance to win that $100 SkyMall gift card.
- SkyRest Travel Pillow - Do you like sleeping on planes and being an asshole? Then why not block everyone sitting next to you from using the restroom while you sleep on a giant wedge of cheese balanced on your lap.
- Baseball Bat Pepper Grinder – You love baseball. You love seasoning. You feel insecure about the size of your penis. You own this.
- Wine Glass Holder Necklace – As the old saying goes, “Keep your friends close and your functional alcoholism closer.”
- The Double Umbrella – One of the first SkyMall Mondays remains one of my favorites. What better way to avoid the rain and show everyone from your old high school that you’re not Most Likely to Die Alone? (Note: It appears that SkyMall no longer sells the Double Umbrella. This is a travesty!)
- Cruzin Cooler – If your cooler had sex with a go-kart and gave birth after the typical ice chest gestation period of four months, the doctor would slap this bad boy on the ass, fill it with Schlitz and ride it down to Daytona Beach.
Now for the fun stuff. Vote for your favorite SkyMall Monday in our poll below and leave us a comment letting us know how you voted. Read the legal muckety muck for more details, but one very lucky commenter will be picked at random to receive a $100 SkyMall gift card!
To enter the contest for the chance to win the $100 SkyMall gift card:
- Simply leave a comment below telling us which SkyMall Monday you voted for.
- The comment must be left before Friday, October 16, 2009 at 5:00PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- This random winner will receive a SkyMall gift card worth $100.
- Click here for complete Official Rules.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
Special thanks to Joey O’Donnell and all the folks at SkyMall for the gift card and for having a sense of humor.
Check out all of the previous SkyMall Monday posts HERE.