Did you know that former Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat died five years ago today? I think it’s fair to say that the situation is getting rather dire for the people in Palestine, as their current leader is threatening to quit his post. My girlfriend will be volunteering in a Palestinian refugee camp come February. I hope things will clear up by then.
I didn’t mean for this pre-script to be such a downer! Maybe these articles will help to lift our travel spirits?
- Obama lifted a 22-year ban preventing HIV-positive people from traveling to the States. Umm…. FINALLY! [via The Economist]
- If you’re traveling around Europe and America you should have no trouble satisfying your daily coffee craving. [via Moon]
- Is H1N1 preventing you from traveling? Here are some sound travel tips to keep you healthy on the road. [via CNN Travel]
- I love juicy travel secrets! Here are a three great ones from my friend Katie over at Tripbase.
- If you have a stomach made of steel, then you should hit the streets in these street food meccas. [via BootsNAll]
‘Til tomorrow, have a great evening!
More Gadlinks HERE.