While some of you were catching some sick rides on the slopes, these pro surfers were riding mountain-sized waves on the North Shore of Oahu at the Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational yesterday. Either way, I hope you all had a great start to the week. We’re in the thick of it now, and here are some cool travel stories to get you through the next few days.
- Read about some of the weirdest and wackiest winter activities in the world. [via Peter Greenberg]
- Eco-tourism is the latest and greatest travel method, and these countries are among the eco-friendliest. [via Open Travel]
- If you’re curious about the best way to see and travel to Tunisia, check this out. [via Journey, Etc.]
- Here are some travel scams you should avoid. [via Travel Rants]
- Did you know Sweden has some of the best thin bread (called tunnbrod) in the world? Check out my friend Lola’s photo essay on how it’s made. [via Matador Life]
‘Til tomorrow, have a great evening!
More Gadlinks here.