NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Gadling and lebua’s Trip to Bangkok Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) (excluding Puerto Rico, all United States Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations) and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry (“Entrants”). Employees of AOL Inc., Challenge Property Co., Ltd. on behalf of lebua at State Tower, and their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Giveaway (collectively “Giveaway Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSORS: The Giveaway is jointly Sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 and Challenge Property Co., Ltd. on behalf of lebua at State Tower, with offices at 1055/807 RCK Tower Condominium, 35th Floor, Silom Road, Silom, Bangkok Thailand 10500 (collectively, “Sponsors”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes each Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins at 9:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 19, 2010 and ends at 5:00 pm ET on February 26, 2010 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. ENTRY: During the Entry Period, go to http://www.gadling.com/2010/02/19/win-a-trip-to-bangkok-from-gadling-and-lebua/ and follow the instructions to submit your entry. Limit one (1) entry per person. Subsequent entries from the same person will be deleted. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
6. DRAWING: On or about March 1, 2010, Sponsors will select the name of one (1) Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as the potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: A Potential Winner is not a winner until s/he has returned all required documentation and eligibility has been verified by Sponsors. A Potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner must respond to the notification e-mail within the timeframe stated in the notification e-mail and provide his/her full name, age and mailing address. Failure of a potential winner to provide this information within the stated timeframe will result in forfeiture of the prize. Except where prohibited, a Potential Grand Prize Winner must sign and return to Sponsors, within five (5) business days of being notified, an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and IRS W-9 Form in order to claim his/her Prize. The winner’s travel companion(s) must be of the legal age of majority in his/her state of residence and at least eighteen (18) years of age and will be required to execute and return a Liability Release/Publicity Release prior to issuance of the travel documents. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the Entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
8. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive five (5) day/four (4) night trip for two (2) to Bangkok, Thailand. Prize includes: (a) round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) from the major airport nearest the winner’s residence to Bangkok (Airfare shall not exceed $1,500 per person. Winner is responsible for the difference if airfare exceeds $1,500 per person. In the event the airfare is less than $1,500 per person, the winner will not receive the difference in cost); (b) four (4) nights hotel accommodations in the Tower Club Riverview Suites at the lebua Hotel at State Tower in Bangkok; (c) airport shuttle transportation in Bangkok; (d) dinner for (2) at any lebua restaurant (subject to price limitations); and (e) cocktails for two (2) at the Skybar (subject to price limitations). All other meals, beverages, gratuities and ground transportation are the responsibility of winner and travel companion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $5,000 (USD). Trip must be taken by February 15, 2011. Once confirmed prize package is nontransferable and cannot be resold. Once confirmed, prize package is non-changeable and has no cash value and frequent flier mileage may not be accrued. Winner is solely responsible for all airport and security taxes including the September 11th security fee, federal, state and all local taxes. The ARV may vary based upon dates of travel. The difference between the ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Winner and his/her travel companion must travel together and on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including passports, visas, and required vaccinations/immunizations prior to travel. The winner’s travel companion will be required to execute and return a Liability Release/Publicity Release prior to issuance of the travel documents. The winner and his/her travel companions are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Specifics of all prizes are in Sponsors’ sole discretion. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize, or a portion of the prize, is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsors in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsors may, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsors reserve the right in Sponsors’ sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry is made. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsors with satisfactory proof that s/he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potential winning entry.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Giveaway, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; (f) for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure(s), terrorist acts, threatened terrorist acts, earthquake(s), war(s), fire(s), flood(s), explosion(s), unusually severe weather, hurricane(s), embargo(s), labor dispute(s) or strike(s) (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage(s), transportation interruption(s) of any kind, work slow-down(s), civil disturbance(s), insurrection(s), riot(s), or any other cause beyond Sponsors’ sole control; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any Entrants participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize. Giveaway Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Grand Prize Winner’s and his/her travel companion’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize winner, his/her travel companions and such transportation companies. Giveaway Entities shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in this connection. Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision; Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney’s fees and/or experts’ fees and costs. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. REQUEST WINNER’S NAME: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Gadling/lebua Winner’s List, 22070 Broderick Dr, 12E:D01, Dulles, VA 20166. Requests must be received by February 28, 2010.
© Copyright 2010 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved.