Here’s our daily look at what’s piqued our interest in the travel world recently…
- A great essay from World Hum’s Tom Swick on what it means to be a travel writer in the 21st century.
- Slideshow of the weirdest vending machines in the world. Japan, as you might have guessed, is well-represented.
- Thought your “up-hill, both ways” trek to school was impressive? Check out what a few dozen kids have to go through to get to school in remote Colombia.
- Slate checks out North Korea’s biggest chain restaurant, Pyongyang.
- How much money from a Haiti benefit concert at Carnegie Hall will really go to Haiti?
More Gadlinks here.