Haven’t got enough travel news and views on Gadling today? Well check out what else is going on in the travel world right now…
- Is the iconic “Hollywood” sign about to be turned into a hotel?
- Alain de Botton imagines a world without air travel, a world he says “would return travellers to a wisdom that their medieval pilgrim ancestors had once known very well.” [HT: Vagablogging]
- Slate’s Anne Applebaum tries to explain just what the hell happened in the British elections.
- BootsnAll has some tips on how to make the most of your meager summer travel budget.
- The LA Times reports on the bizarre travel habits of Kim Jong Il. [HT: World Hum]
You’ll find more Gadlinks here.