Legoland brought in local firefighters for a “bucket brigade” photo op to start filling the park’s lazy river. In Legoland fashion, the river is called the Build-A-Raft River, and kids will be able to build their own raft out of soft Lego building blocks.
The new park is geared for families with kids ages 2 to 12. Attractions include:
- Jumbo Lego models that splash or spray water
- Orange Rush, a family tube slide
- Twin Chasers, side-by-side enclosed tube slides
- Splash Out, a 240-foot open body slide
- Joker Soaker, a water play platform with water cannons
- Duplo Splash Safari, a smaller water play area sized for preschoolers
The 5.5-acre water park is adjacent to Legoland California. Admission to the water section will cost an extra $10 on top of the Legoland admission ticket.