Time once again for our daily look at the best of the rest from the world of travel. Here goes…
- Our friends over at World Hum take an unscientific, Onion-esque and completely arbitrary statistical look” at travel writing.
- Two views on France’s proposed burqa ban: Christopher Hitchens supports the ban; Wajahat Ali opposes it. Where do you stand, Gadling faithful?
- Matador‘s Dave Francois visits a Russian banya, or bath house, where he endures a “lashing of birch twigs from an obese Russian man.” (Where do I sign up?)
- Still haven’t seen the “World Map of Touristiness”? Check it out here.
- And if you still haven’t checked out Kayak Explore (as our own Scott Carmichael recommended this morning) head on over there and take a look. It’s pretty cool.
More Gadlinks here.