Humans aren’t the only ones to get treats on their pillows at fancy hotels. The Jumeirah Essex House in New York is throwing candy to the canines with the launch of the iconic hotel’s first ever Canine Turndown Program.
But this is no ordinary pet-pampering service. The Jumeirah Essex House has partnered with doggie designer to the stars, Amy Kizer of the highly-acclaimed Wagwear New York City boutique, to create luxurious five-star canine amenities for the hotel. As part of “A Dog’s Delight” package, your pooch will be treated to:
- A Wagwear dog bed or Wagwear “Tee Pee Hound Lounge” – a miniature pop-up tent with fleece-lined bed
- Homemade dog treats created by the hotel’s Executive Pastry Chef
- Wagwear food and water bowls accompanied by a matching placemat
- An exclusive gift bag complete with a plush Jumeirah Essex House logoed fleece blanket (monogramming is available upon request)
- Wagwear collars and leashes will be on loan for guests who may have forgotten theirs, or who just want their pup to have a new, chic look while they’re visiting New York City
With Central Park across the street from the hotel, there’s no excuse for your pampered pet to lay around all day in the hotel. Specialized doggie hospitality attendants will treat your dog to freshly-drawn water throughout the day and lay out their beautiful fleece blanket on the doggy bed should they desire a much deserved nap after a romp through the park. In the event you’re too busy to take your pooch out for a day in the city, the hotel will happily recommend dog walkers for hire and pet boutiques who deliver to the hotel.