Guests at Hilton’s Glasgow hotel fell ill after norovirus bug outbreak

Nearly 40 people got sick after a suspected outbreak of the norovirus bug attacked the Hilton Hotel in Glasgow. The guests and staff members suffered vomiting and diarrhoea, thought to have been caused by the bug, according to the BBC.

The norovirus bug is commonly linked to foodborne-outbreaks and can affect people of all ages. Two guests were admitted to the hospital and expected to make a full recovery. Meanwhile, the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde(NHSGGC) has started its investigation into the outbreak at the five-star hotel.

A Hilton Worldwide spokesperson said:

“In response to the suspected viral infection Hilton Glasgow is following its own strict health and safety procedures, as well as working closely with the local health officials, and is providing all possible assistance to the hotel’s guests and team members.”

Many guests who complained about symptoms were asked to stay in their rooms if they didn’t need hospital treatment, in an effort try to contain the outbreak.