Celebrity Cruises president Dan Hanrahan announced today some big changes to their popular Solstice-class ships. As an evolution of the Solstice-class signature Lawn Club, an on-deck grass area, the line will add several new features on upcoming Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection.
Calling the new Celebrity cruise ships an “evolution of what we’re doing” Hanrahan outlined the upcoming changes.
While Celebrity Silhouette will be the same 122,000 tons as her three younger sisters, the new Celebrity Reflection will be wider, taller and weigh in at 126,000 tons with the addition of another deck of staterooms.
Among other features that will shake things up on the new ships:
- The new Lawn Club Grill, an open-air restaurant and display kitchen will take place of the grassy area on other Solstice-class ships. A $30 charge per person will apply.
- Continuing parent-company Royal Caribbean Internationals focus on the arts, The Art Studio allows small, intimate hands-on interaction and instruction with experts.
- The Gathering Table will be where culinary activity becomes part of the art experience. Cabana-style private retreats called The Alcoves will offer the popular adults serenity experience for an additional charge. Picnic baskets will be available for an extra charge also.
- Continuing the serenity focus, The Hideaway will an indoor, tree house like ambiance for casual dining.
- Signature lounge Michael’s Club will evolve into beer tasting venue with 50 international beers with a Rascal Flats feel by day and a Kings of Leon feel at night.
Celebrity’s Solstice-class ships feature larger than normal staterooms including spa-focused AquaClass accommodations. These premium staterooms include the line’s Concierge-class amenities, priority seating in Blu, a specialty restaurant created just for AquaClass guests. Other Concierge-class amenities include priority check-in, evening hors d’ooeuvres, a menu of pillows to select from, Egyptian cotton over-sized towels, complementary shoe-shine service, use of a golf umbrella and binoculars and more.
Celebrity Cruises currently operates 10 ships world-wide sailing itineraries in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Bermuda, California, Canada/New England, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, and year-round in the Galapagos Islands.
Flickr photo by mascardo1