TripAdvisor has released the results of its first-ever 360 degree survey, and the results are in – amenities are king, particularly when those amenities include WiFi and breakfast included with the room rate, but turndown service is of little import.
Of the travelers surveyed, 54% said they have canceled a lodging reservation because they found better amenities at a different property.
According to travelers, the five most important amenities are:
2. Breakfast Included
3. Loyalty Points
5. Shuttle Service to Local Attractions/ Airport
The least important amenities are:
1. Turndown Service
2. Pets Allowed
5. Room Service
Internet is king
Some fun stats:
· 88% of travelers expect Wi-Fi Internet access to be free of charge in all lodging types
· 41% of travelers have never paid for Wi-Fi Internet access.
· 65% said they have used free Wi-Fi Internet in an accommodation’s lobby or common areas to avoid paying for in-room access.
· 93% of accommodations report offering some form of free Wi-Fi Internet access to their guests.
More than 1,000 U.S. travelers and more than 600 U.S. hotel representatives were polled.