Earth Day is upon us, and even if you’re not planning to celebrate our planet’s making it through another year (what global warming?), there are still some simple measures you can take to show your gratitude. Love your Mother, you know?
Whether you’re on the road or at home, the following are smart rules to implement every day of the year:
- Do laundry at night, after peak electricity usage hours and only wash full loads.
- Use a travel mug when you purchase your morning coffee and carry a reusble water bottle.
- Stash reusable shopping bags in your car, purse or backpack and desk.
- Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth, washing your face, doing dishes or shaving.
- Switch to e-tickets, e-pay, and other paperless forms of commerce; add your name to no junk mail and catalog lists.
[Photo credit: Flickr user kevin dooley]