Want to celebrate the 2012 Olympic Games, but can’t make it to London? These U.S. hotels are offering Olympic-themed packages to guests.
To help guests get excited for the upcoming Olympics, Loews Coronado Bay is offering an array of Olympic activities for families. These include:
- Tennis camps with former Olympic athlete Angelica Gavaldon at the resort’s three bayside tennis courts
- Dive-in screenings of the Olympic Games, displayed on a giant screen by the resort’s outdoor swimming pools and Marina Terrace
- “Coronado Cup” keelboat sailing lessons and sunset sailing excursions on the Coronado Bay
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is getting in the Olympic spirit by offering an array of sporty activities. Guests can enjoy:
- Private beach volleyball lessons on Muscle Beach with former Olympic athletes
- Customized rings, balance beam and parallel bar routines on the beach
- Sculling and rowing lessons, offered through the UCLA Miami Aquatic Center
Families can also add on a “Bed and Breakfast” package, which includes a $50 daily credit toward breakfast.
Rates begin at $459 per night. Click here to book.
In support of the movement to make yoga an Olympic sport, Affinia Hotels is offering yoga at check-in with the “Affinia Yoga Check-In Challenge.” During the Olympics, July 27 to August 12, guests can show off their yoga skills upon arrival by completing one, two or three levels of poses. Each pose will give them the chance to win a prize. The poses, from easy to difficult, include:
- Tree Pose: Bronze Prize- Cupcake
- Downward Facing Dog: Silver Prize- Bottle of wine
- Head-to-Knee: Gold Prize- $25 MyAffinia credit
If they wish, guests who complete the “head-to-knee” challenge can get their photo taken to be entered into the hotel’s online version of the contest. The winner will be chosen by Affinia Facebook fans, and will receive a complimentary three-night stay in the Affinia property of their choice.
Rates start at $179 per night. Click here to book.
Want to celebrate the Olympics in a unique way? From July 27 until August 12, The Hotel @ Times Square is featuring a variety of “unsporty” packages, to help guests steer clear of The Games. Offers include:
- Sprint From Shop To Shop- Guests receive a VIP coupon book for Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, directions and two bottles of water ($244.99 per room, per night).
- Pick The Museum Mile Not A Marathon- Participants will get two tickets to the Metropolitan Museum of Art ($259.99 per room, per night).
- Drop The Opening Ceremony For Real Historic Shows- Package entails two tickets to the “Rock Around The Block Tour” of Greenwich Village to explore where Dylan, Hendrix and Blondie made history ($291.99 per room, per night).
Click here to book.
From July 27 through August 12, The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa will be celebrating the Olympics with a “London Express” package. The offer includes:
- An overnight stay in a hotel suite
- Scones and tea for breakfast in Olivette
- A couple’s massage at Trellis
- Dinner at Olivette
- Swimming, tennis, yoga and exercise in the private Houstonian Club, where one can find many former Olympians
- Tickets and private transportation to and from The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts to see “The Lion King”
Package rates start at $1,595, based on double occupancy. Click here to book.
Kimpton’s Hotel Solamar is helping Olympics enthusiasts save big with their “Gold, Silver, Bronze – everyone wins” offer. The package includes discounts and perks, such as:
- Book one night and receive 10% off best available rate and parking
- Book two nights and receive 15% off best available rate and parking
- Book three nights and receive 25% off best available rate and parking
- Morning coffee and tea service
- Hosted evening wine reception
- 24-hour access to fitness center
To help guests feel like Olympians themselves, the Waldorf Astoria Park City is offering a private ice-skating lesson with a member of the U.S. National Speed Skating Team and Olympic hopeful. This is the perfect activity for the city, which is a training ground for Olympians.
Offer is available through September 12, 2012, with rates starting at $299 per night, plus $120 per adult for a two-hour lesson. Click here to book.
In honor of the Olympic Games, TradeWinds Island Grand is hosting an array of family-friendly and athletic activities, including an opening ceremony event, beach Olympics, poolside broadcasts of the Games, a torch relay, gymnastics, fencing, boxing, an inflatable obstacle course, glow-in-the-dark volleyball at night and more. To help make the activities seem more like the real thing, a podium will be placed near the pool for photos and awards. The area will also be adorned with Olympic rings and flags.
Room rates start at $169. Click here to book.