The Sanctuary Hotel
New York, NY
Located in the heart of Manhattan, The Sanctuary Hotel is offering a “Haunted Hotel” package this Halloween. Along with luxurious accommodations, guests staying from October 29 to November 4 will receive:
- A tour of the city in a hearse, highlighting everything from haunted buildings to where famous mobsters got whacked
- A basket of sweet treats from Dylan’s Candy Bar in your room
- A classic horror film screening in the hotel lobby on Halloween Eve, complete with popcorn and candy
- Breakfast buffet each morning
Rates start at $554 per night based on double occupancy. Click here to book. Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is home to many eerie legends. For example, in the evening when the fog rolls in from the bay, people have claimed to see a hauntingly beautiful woman named Victoria strolling the hallways of the inn in period dress, sipping a Sonoma Pinot. Her heritage can be traced back to the founding fathers of Sonoma Valley, and she is said to have celebrated her wedding and many anniversaries at the resort. Additionally, the property was once a sacred healing ground for Native Americans, and guests have commented on the otherworldly presence at the inn. To help celebrate their ghostly past, the property will feature ghoulish offerings during September. Halloween-themed cocktails like the “Bloody-Tini” and the “Twilight Cocktail,” pumpkin-inspired spa treatments, a spirited seasonal wine and dinner pairing and tours of nearby haunted sites, like the Sebastiani Theatre, The Blue Wing Inn and the former Sonoma Asylum will all be available.
Rates start at $229 per night based on double occupancy. Click here to book.
At Hotel ZaZa Houston, guests can enjoy a full weekend of tricks and treats this Halloween. From now through October 27, guests can enjoy:
- One night of luxury accommodations
- Admission for two to Bone-Appetit Pumpkin Sculpting on October 27th from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. with Executive Chef Jonathan Jones
- Two complimentary drinks from the Witches Cauldron
- Admission for two to Monarch’s Dancing in Dark Halloween Party on October 27, from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., featuring nationally acclaimed DJ Lady Bunny
Rates start at $299 per night based on double occupancy. Click here to book.
Congress Hall Hotel
Cape May, New Jersey
To help get you in the mood for Halloween, Congress Hall Hotel is offering a “Phantom Ball” package. From October 26 to 28, participating guests will receive:
- Two nights of accommodation
- A $20 breakfast voucher for two each morning at the Blue Pig Tavern
- Two tickets to Congress Hall’s “Phantom Ball” on Friday night
- Two tickets to a Cape May ghost tour on the Victorian streets of Cape May on Saturday
Rates start at $284.28 per night based on double occupancy. Call 888.944.1816 to book.
If this hotel could scare horror writer Stephen King, it must be terrifying. The Stanley Hotel is said to be a hot spot for ghosts, especially in room 217, the very room that served as the inspiration for King’s novel, “The Shining.” The property has also been featured in several episodes of “Ghost Hunters.” As if this is not enough, the property is featuring themed events, including:
- Two tickets to the Shining Ball (October 27)
- The chance to go on a five-hour ghost hunt with on-staff paranormal investigators and learn how to use ghost hunting tools and test their new skills in some of the property’s most haunted locations that are inaccessible to the general public
Rates start at $299 per night based on double occupancy. Click here to book.
The Ranch at Rock Creek
This holiday, The Ranch at Rock Creek is offering a festive “Halloween at the Ranch” package for guests staying between October 31 through November 3. The promotion includes:
- Three nights of accommodation in a Western-style luxury lodge
- Non-stop festive activities, like trick-or-treating, pumpkin carving, a costume contest, bonfires with spooky ghost stories, a photo scavenger hunt, and trips to the Granite County Ghost Hall of Fame and famous Sweet Palace Candy Shop for Halloween treats
- Free accommodations for children under 17
- A fall-inspired pumpkin scrub treatment for two at their onsite Granite Spa
Guests can also take part in the ranch’s usual fare, like carriage rides, horseback riding, sporting clay shooting, archery, fly-fishing, hiking, mountain biking, bowling and more.
All-inclusive rates for this package start at $850 per person, per night (aside for children under 17). Rates include all activities, luxury lodge accommodations, gourmet dining, premium beverages, two pumpkin scrub spa treatments and airport transfers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406.859.6027 to book.
At Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa there is fun to be had for kids and kids at heart throughout Halloween week with its “No Tricks Just Treats” package. From October 26 to November 3, guests will receive deluxe accommodations and a special trick-or-treating experience throughout the common rooms. Additionally, from October 27 to 28 and on the 31, themed activities will be held, including:
- A Halloween obstacle course
- Halloween mask/costume making
- Themed arts & crafts
- Traditional Halloween games
- Themed cookie decorating
- A family-friendly Halloween dive-in film on Halloween day
Rates start at $319 per night based on double occupancy. Click here to book.
Halloween is all about candy, so what better place to send it than the country’s chocolate hub, Hershey, Pennsylvania? The Hershey Lodge is offering a “Holiday in Hershey” package, which includes:
- Deluxe accommodations
- Breakfast with the Hershey’s product characters
- One-day admission to Hersheypark in the Dark, their family-friendly Halloween alternative at Hersheypark
- Admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience
There will also be Halloween-themed activities for kids, like a “Witches Brewed Children’s Tea” on Saturdays at 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. where children can come in costume to sample hot chocolate, orange and white chocolate teas and a variety of finger foods. The tea also includes pumpkin decorating, Halloween-themed storytelling and a kid-size apron. The cost is $40 for an adult and child, and $18 for each additional person.
The package is available Fridays and Saturdays from October 19 through November 3, with prices starting at $399 per person. Click here to book.
Ghosts and legends are a big part of Vermont’s culture, and have been for hundreds of years. To help celebrate the state’s heritage, The White House Inn will be hosting an eerie event on October 27. With the help of the inn’s own ghost, a baroness who haunts the halls, a séance and haunted tour will be held along with a three-course dinner. There will be two seatings, one at 7 p.m. and one at 9 p.m. The event will be led by a member of the New England Ghost Project, the area’s leading paranormal investigation team.
Rates start at $349 per night based on double occupancy. The dinner and séance event is $100. Click here to book.
If you’re looking to get wet this Halloween, Kalahari Resort boasts being home to the largest indoor waterpark in the country. Not only that, but this holiday, they’ll also be hosting a “Halloween Happenings” weekend from October 26 to 28. Festivities include Halloween coloring contests, arts and crafts, trick-or-treat bag designing, pumpkin painting at Safari Adventures, creepy cookie decorating, pumpkin bean bag toss, candy corn bingo, hula hoop competitions, costume parties, limbo competitions, Trick-or-Treating around the resort and more. With the package, guests will receive:
- Admission to Kalahari’s indoor waterpark
- Four black-light mini golf passes
- Four Safari Adventures Animal Park passes
For a two-night package for up to four guests, prices range from $499.98 for a Hut Room to $579.98 for a Nomad Room or Lodge Suite. Click here to book.