Re-introducing Gadling’s newest returning blogger, Karen Walrond:
1. Where was your photo taken: At a departure gate at Piarco International Airport, in my homeland of Trinidad & Tobago.
2. Where do you live now: Houston, Texas, USA
3. Scariest airline flown: Well, I’m the Queen of the Aborted Landing: for some reason, I’ve been on an alarming number of airlines that, upon coming in for a landing, suddenly change their minds, accelerate and ascend rapidly. They freak me out every time. And seriously, if you’re ever on a flight where this happens, take a look around, locate me, and wave, because I’m likely on board.
4. Favourite city/country/place: When I’m looking to visit a city, I pretty much love both Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Paris, France. If I’m looking for beaches and scuba diving, however, Cayman’s my fave.
5. Most remote corner of the globe visited: My husband and I spent our honeymoon on the island of Mauritius. Beautiful, beautiful place.
6. Favourite guidebook series: When I travel to a new city for a short visit, I often take advantage of Fodors.com. However, glancing at my library as I type this, it looks like the Lonely Planet series is my favourite!
7. Leeches or mosquitos? THESE are my choices?
8. Where would you buy a second home/retire? Definitely somewhere near the ocean, or at the very least, a large body of water. Being a tropical girl, the Caribbean would be ideal; however, any shoreline will do.
9. Traveler’s resume: where have you been? At last count: United States, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados, Aruba, St. Lucia, Jamaica, Cayman, Puerto Rico, England, Ireland, Spain, France, Norway, Italy, Greece, Belgium, The Netherlands, Scotland, Wales, The Canary Islands, Nigeria, Egypt, Mauritius, United Arab Emirates, Oman, China. I’m seriously hoping that I get to add Australia, Japan and South Africa to this list some day.