Ever wanted to break into the travel writing world but with no clue where to start? The travel blog and writing communities have grown dramatically in the last five years, fueled by the shrinking traditional media, ease of online growth and a wealth of freelance talent. Now more than ever there are tons of opportunities to get your work published, giving you the chance to work from home or from that remote island in the South Pacific.
But where does one start? It’s true that it’s possible to build a writing career from scratch, manufacturing a blog, fostering relationships and hounding editors and publicists, but in reality, the process has been done before — and mastered. Our friends over at Matador know the system well — so well, in fact, that they’ve distilled the entire process into a series of courses and resources called Matador U.
We’ve spoken about Matador U a few times at Gadling, and a few of our bloggers have taken some of the courses. Tuition includes both a series of writing courses including assignments and suggestions as well as student forums and a market lead board, both of which are key, useful components towards breaking into the writing community.
Coming from the experts, this is a huge kick start to your travel writing career. And as part of Gadling’s Holiday Giveaway week we’re giving away full tuition to the program, $350 worth of travel writing tips, tricks and secrets to get your career started on track. All that you have to do to enter is leave a comment below.
- To enter, leave a comment in the section below. You may enter only once. Our robots will delete multiple entries.
- The comment must be left before Monday, December 21st, 2009 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- Approximate retail value: $350
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing to each receive full tuition to Matador U.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- Click HERE for complete Official Rules.