I hope we can all take some time out of our pre-Thanksgiving travel madness to enjoy some down time with some pre-Thanksgiving travel stories. On behalf of all the writers here at Gadling, we wish you all a day full of gratitude and filled with loved ones.
- It looks like fellow Gadling writer Mike Barish has been really busy lighting up the travel blogosphere lately! Check out his holiday guide to NYC at World Hum and his commentary on strange signage in Australia at Intelligent Travel.
- Here are some great American train trips for under $100. [via BootsNAll]
- I told my students I will be traveling to the Middle East for two months and the first thing they asked me was, “Isn’t it dangerous there?” To which I replied, “Well, every place is dangerous.” Of course, some places are safer than others. [via Journey Etc]
- I’ll be traveling with a good girlfriend of mine, which has gotten me thinking about what makes a good travel partner. Here are a few good questions to ask if you’re searching for the best travel mate. [via Tripbase]
- Turkeys may look mean, but as long as you’re not a vegetarian they taste good — all over the world. [via Vagabondish]
‘Til tomorrow, have a great evening!
More Gadlinks here.