Finally, Virgin America has started selling tickets! One-way tickets between SFO and JFK are roughly $139-$199 which — considering the amenities on board — is pretty cheap. Here’s the upcoming route map:
- San Francisco (SFO) to Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO) to New York (JFK)
- New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX) begins August 29.
- San Francisco (SFO) to Washington D.C. (IAD) begins September 26.
- San Francisco (SFO) to Las Vegas (LAS) begins October 10.
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Washington D.C. (IAD) October 24.
To purchase tickets, head to Virgin America’s website.
Here are some other VA facts:
- Virgin America is the first U.S. airline with mood lighting.
- There are 3000 MP3s onboard every flight.
- You can plug in to 110v power at every seat. (!!)
- You can order fresh food when you want it, from the screen at your seat.
- Red, the in-flight entertainment system, has over 25 pay-per-view Hollywood movies on demand.
- Virgin America is a cashless airline. Place your order, swipe your card, and you’re done.
Also: Our sister site, Engadget, got a sneak peak at the planes a few months ago. Check out their wicked photo gallery.