Grab your fairy dust and put on your glass slippers: the opening of Resorts World Sentosa four hotels at the site of Universal Studios Singapore will commence on Jan. 20, with the Festive Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, Crockfords Tower and Hotel Michael. The hotel openings will set the stage for more reveal during the following 30 days.
Part of the Resorts World Sentosa, Universal Studios Singapore has been in production since 2006. The magic of movies will come to life in one of the seven ‘themed zones': Hollywood, New York, Sci-fi City, Ancient Egypt, The Lost World, Far Far Away, Madagascar. In each zone will live a host of attractions and rides specific to the theme, such as:
- Broadway-style theater and a Walk of Fame replica (Hollywood);
- Pizza parlors, neon lights and city-scapes (New York);
- Dueling roller-coasters and Battlestar Galactica facades (Sc-fi City);
- Pyramids and mummy attractions (Ancient Egypt);
- Water parks and dinosaurs (The Lost World);
- Fairy tale characters comes to life in Far Far Away land and;
- Zoo animals and river rides hit the streets in Madagascar.
Like any good theme park, guests of all ages will have the opportunity to go on wild rides, fight villains, channel their favorite celebrities and dine with your favorite animated character. The resort will feature 24 different attractions on the 120 acres and include six hotels upon completion. As you would expect, there’s plenty of shopping and dining to be had in this magic land of make-believe.
The cost to enter the new playground: Adult passes begin S$32 (approximately $23 USD) for a senior-citizen day pass to a S$118 (approximately $85 USD) for a two-day adult pass.
The experience: Priceless.