You recall that recently, Justin treated us to a tutorial on how to make an underwear safe. That, of course, was an excellent tip for keeping valuables safe while traveling. However, for those of us who DON’T feel like slipping our fingers down the crotch of our pants every time we need to tip the bartender, let’s go over a few others:
- Carry only small amounts of cash at any time.
- Use the hotel’s safe.
- Considering making a “throw-away wallet.”
- Keep any briefcases, suitcases, purses, backpacks, etc., in sight when in public.
- If you must carry large amounts of cash, try to split the piles up, so if somebody picks one pocket, the remaining cash is safe.
Looking for other tips? Check out these travel safe resources:
- Keep your Valuables Safe has lots of tips, including information about a portable closet safe.
- How to Keep Valuables Safe While Hosteling encourages taking valuables with you everywhere you go, including the bathroom!
- Protecting your Valuables While Traveling suggests leaving your TV on while you’re away.
- Theft While Traveling may be a little paranoid, but if you like feeling like a CIA agent when on vacation, check it out.
Help us with your favorite tips.