Grüss Gott! Ah, Oktoberfest — the world’s largest fair with some six-million revelers gathering each year. Beginning September 22, 2007, when the mayor of Munich, Germany kicks off the festival by shouting, “O’zapft is!” (“It’s tapped!”) and lasting until October 7th, this year’s d’ Wiesn will surely break records. Last year, over 6.1-million beers were served, and 219,443 pairs of sausages were scarfed down. Have a look at our galleries, articles, travel guides, and maps covering this year’s Oktoberfest — it’s not to be missed!
- How to Eat Weisswurst in Munich — If you’re heading to Munich for this year’s Oktoberfest, there should be no escaping the traditional Bavarian breakfast of weisswurst. But there are rules to follow — traditions to be aware of — before you can dip a cut off of the albino veal sausage into a pool of sweet Bavarian mustard.
- How Much Would You Pay For A Pair of Lederhosen? A new world record has been broken recently — most expensive pair of Lederhosen. How much did they go for?
- Learn your way around the city — check out the Munich travel guide.
- It’s not all beer and sausage. Oktoberfest’s Funfair has some of the best carnival rides on the planet! Have a look at the video we’ve got.
- Paris Hilton banned from Oktoberfest 2007? Find out why.
- Explore the beer tents! (Or use the map below.)
- Learn the Chicken Dance! Oktoberfest wouldn’t be complete without it.
Explore the Beer Tents! (click on the map below)
View Larger Map