Everyone seems to be making the effort to go green lately, and if you’re not, you should be. The tourism industry is no exception — hotels are trying to clean up their impact on the environment, and many are doing more than just leaving a sign in the bathroom asking you to keep your used towels.
And with this focus on everything green, a number of hotels are popping up that are environmentally friendly without compromising luxury. Travel + Leisure recently put together a list of the top 10 green hotels in the world. Here’s what made the list:
- Spice Island Beach Resort, Grenada
- Sonveva Fushi Resort & Six Senses Spa, Maldives
- Tiamo, Bahamas
- Whitepod, Switzerland
- Devil’s Thumb Ranch, Colorado
- Chumbe Island Coral Park, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Adrere Amellal, Egypt
- Campi Ya Kanzi, Kenya
- Hotel Mocking Bird Hill, Jamaica
- Tenuta Di Spannocchia, Siena, Italy
So I say, next time you’re taking a trip, do something good for the environment and stay at one of these luxury hotels. It’s money well spent, don’t you think? To find out why each made the list, check out this article.