It’s break-up here in Alaska, and not the relationship kind. Streets normally coated with sheets of ice several inches thick now have steep slices cut out of them from melt-water streams. My car tends to lurch and slide, especially on my driveway (probably because we gave up on shoveling about a month ago). What does all this mean? Nothing, really. I just thought I’d share. And now I’ll share five of Gadling’s posts over the week:
- We welcomed new blogger Jeff White. Jeff comes to us from Berlin, Germany, and his travels began underneath his childhood kitchen sink. In his first post, Jeff warns us to beware of sketchy online offers for Beijing Olympic tickets.
- Did you check out the crazy cross-wind landing caught on video? Big props to the pilot.
- Jamie reported the bothersome news that you’re actually less likely to die in a plane as you are in a plane crash.
- Alaska’s Iditarod started this past weekend, but Anna brought stories of a different kind of Iditarod — Portland, Oregon’s Urban Iditarod.
- Finally, Aaron’s open letter to Andrew Zimmern, host of the Travel Channel’s Bizarre Foods, cracked me up, and reading it is a good way to end a Friday afternoon and ring in Friday night.