It’s getting harder and harder to tell real travel news from the fake. Just to prove that point, we spent all of April 1 writing April Fool’s posts. All were false — except for one. In case you missed our coverage, here’s a great post. And another one. And another. Scroll through a few and see if you can spot the real one.
But in real travel news this week:
- Kent debuted his new feature “Plane Answers,” and in his first post explained how pilots move up to Captain.
- Cubans are now allowed to stay in hotels. Iva brought us the scoop on that one.
- Grant told us why we shouldn’t be so excited about the Open Skies agreement.
- Worried about getting sick when you fly? Think the passenger sitting next to you smells? Get this: Air New Zealand actually fumigated all of its passengers on a flight.
- We said good-bye to Aloha Airlines this week. I remember flying the airline as a child and can’t help but feel a little bit nostalgic.
That’s all! Have you nominated your favorite travel blog yet? The 2008 Travvies are in full swing — happy nominating!