The poll, in its 13th year, is generated by T+L readers worldwide, who vote online for their favorites.
The big news in this year’s survey is that Bangkok edged out last year’s winner for world’s best city, Florence, which dropped down to No. 5.
T+L‘s 10 best cities in the world are:
- Buenos Aires
- Cape Town
- Cuzco (Peru)
- New York
- San Francisco
Other highlights from T+L‘s world’s best survey, as summarized by Reuters, include:
- Best hotel: Singita Sabi Sand, South Africa
- Best island: Galapagos
- Best large cruise line: Crystal Cruises
- Best small cruise line: Silversea Cruises
- Best international airline: Singapore Airlines
- Best domestic airline: Virgin America
- Best rental car agency: Hertz
Check out all the world’s best here.