Hopefully you’re an avid Gadling reader. With popular features like The Cockpit Chronicles and Galley Gossip and helpful tips on new travel gadgets and which destinations to avoid, how could you not be?
Ok, enough with the shameless self-promotion; we’re obviously not the only travel website out there. The Times Online just published an article on the 10 travel websites to watch for October. The list is a good combination of sites that give you everything from dirty pilot rumors to tips on staying slim while on the road. Keep in mind that since it’s from the Times Online, the list has an English twist – many of the sites are Britain related.
Check them out yourself:
- Professional Pilots’ Rumour Network – check out the topic “nicest celebs” for the inside scoop
- Seatplans.com – aircraft seating plans and flight reviews
- Thetrainline.com – find cheap tickets in the UK and on Eurostar
- Hotels.com Visualiser – custom select your ideal hotel and the site finds on that matches
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith route planner – plan your itinerary with the site’s tips on local pubs, etc.
- Virgin Holidays + Hip Hotels – uber stylish hotels for the glitterati
- Slimtree – fitness workouts you can download and use on the road
- Trivago a new travel search engine
- RogerandRandy.com – business travel experts give their two cents
- Great Hotels of the World -the name says it all