I used to commute internationally from the USA to Europe. Here are my best tips for mastering jet lag.
- Do not eat any airline food (it’s high in sodium).Instead, pack your own food to eat.
- Do not drink any alcohol (it dehydrates you). Rather, drink lots of water instead.
- Use ear plugs and wear something to cover your eyes. If you cannot sleep just rest.
- When arriving at your destination take a long, hot bath and add lavender salts or essential oils (they invigorate the body).
- Take a 1 hour nap — no longer.
- Go for a walk in the fresh air, rain or shine and only go to bed when it is that country’s bedtime.