TBEX (Travel Blog Exchange) is preparing for its second annual event after a successful gathering of travel bloggers and writers in 2009. This year’s event, TBEX ’10, will be held in New York on June 26-27 and will include a new session focused on highlighting the best in independent travel blogging. The Community Keynote will feature readings of some of the best travel blog posts in nine categories and aims to honor the amazing writers who write about travel not for money but to share their stories and passions.
If you’re reading this and thinking, “Hey, I have a travel blog. How can I submit one of my posts for consideration?,” you should head over to the TBEX ’10 Community Keynote page for all of the details. Even if you’re not able to attend TBEX ’10, your writing could be featured. So, no matter where in the world you are located, you could be honored at this fantastic session.
The nine categories that will be featured at the Community Keynote are:
1. Twinkle in a Traveler’s Eye – The Ideas That Inspire the Trips
2. In Transit – The Perils (and Joys) of Transportation
3. Talking to Strangers – The People You Meet
4. Spit or Swallow – Culinary Conundrums
5. The Power of Places – Inspiring Destinations
6. You Did What? – Adrenaline Rushes and Adventures
7. Love at First Flight – Tales of Romance on the Road
8. Trips & Falls – Embarrassing Tales & Travel Fails
9. Home, Bittersweet Home – Reverse Culture Shock & Many Happy Returns
The session will be hosted by the talented Seattle-based writer Pam Mandel of Nerd’s Eye View and Gadling’s own Mike Barish (hey, that’s me) who also blogs at his own site (and apparently strays into third-person writing from time to time).
So, what are you waiting for? Look through your archives, find your best, most unique and awe-inspiring blog posts and submit them for consideration today! Your work could be featured at the TBEX ’10 Community Keynote (and that’s pretty damn cool).