Here’s what we know:
- All of the hotel’s 268 rooms and suites have been redecorated and redesigned with a combination of Art Deco and Edwardian. Of the guest rooms, 58 will have river views.
- All rooms offer an extensive array of modern amenities
- The Reading Room will be an intimate, comfortable area for guests
- The new glass dome floods the Thames Foyer with natural light
- The iconic American Bar will once again be serving some of the best cocktails in London
- The Front Hall entry is being restored, including the famous “Idyll of a Golden Age” frieze (the architecture that surrounds the doorways and windows).
In addition to the renovations, the new Savoy will be void of check in/check out hassles — the hotel is eliminating paper bills for guests to sign and moving to a completely electronic system. The hotel will be staffed with personal assistants including butlers for rooms, transportation services and more for all guests. There will be a fitness center, pool and spa. Three different restaurants, two bars and a tea shop will grace the hotel, as well as private event space for up to 440 people. And of course, as part of the Fairmont family, The Savoy will be part of the group’s eco-program and green initiatives.
Check out more of The Savoy’s renovation project here.