Your dream vacation could become a reality through a new holiday sweepstakes hosted by Bing and sponsored by Lonely Planet.
The Grand Prize winner and a guest will work with Lonely Planet staff and authors to devise a customized 15 day/14 night itinerary exploring up to four destinations around the world, up to a value of $30,000.
The sweepstakes kicks off on December 29th at midnight PT/3 am ET and lasts for 24 hours. To enter, just log onto Bing’s Magical Holiday Calendar, which is offering sweepstakes and giveaways throughout the month of December.Not sure where you’d go if you won? To spark your imagination, LP’s U.S. Travel Editor Robert Reid put together five dream itineraries based on specific interests.
- Memphis and the Mississippi Delta, home of Graceland and the blues
- Havana, Cuba, for a taste of the son music scene
- Liverpool, England, birthplace of the Beatles
- Berlin, Germany, for underground cabaret
- Yakutsk, Russia, home to Ysyakh, a surreal festival filled with teepee-like structures and throat-singing contests
- Rocky Mountains, Canada, for a two-day tour of the Canadian Rockies by train
- Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada, for out-of-this-world landscapes
- Coastal Wales, to walk the new All Wales Coast Path, opening May 2012
- Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia, to stay in an upscale salt hotel 3656m above sea level
- Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef, Australia, Lonely Planet’s #1 ‘glamping’ spot for 2012
- New York City, for obvious reasons
- Paris, also for obvious reasons
- Wadi Rum, Jordan, where Lawrence of Arabia was shot
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia, backdrop of Tomb Raider and birthplace of Angelina Jolie’s quest to adopt the world’s children
- New Zealand, home of the hobbits
- Arles, France, to step into a post-impressionist Van Gogh painting
- Barcelona, Spain, to take in Gaudi’s whimsical genius
- Bristol, England, where Banksy has left his mark and is rumored to live
- Mexico City, where Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera lived and worked
- French Polynesia, for a glimpse of Paul Gauguin’s tropics
- Casablanca, Morocco, to eat couscous
- Barcelona, Spain, to try tapas
- Malaysia, to sample the Nasi goreng at hawker centers
- New Orleans, for the gumbo
- Rio de Janeiro, to eat feijoada
And that’s just a taste of the possibilities! Mark your calendars for December 29th and don’t miss out.
[image via Colin Grey on Flickr]