Want to spend your summer looking for zebras, swimming with whale sharks and scuba diving ancient shipwrecks? Take advantage of these adventure hotel packages to make the season’s travels a little more exciting.
The Picosa Ranch Resort, located 30 minutes from downtown San Antonio, is an authentic Texas ranch that was once home to former Texas governor John Connally. Adventure activities include:
- Taking a photo safari in a Polaris Ranger to see zebra, addax, common waterbuck, black buck, elk, oryx, barasingha, eland, Texas dall rams, roadrunners, Texas longhorn cattle and hundreds more local animals
- Hiking through the Texas wilderness
- Skeet shooting
- Horseback riding
- Hay rides and climbs
For those looking to do something a little different this summer, The Little Nell features an Adventure Concierge team to put together personally designed packages, as well as offer pre-set itineraries. Some of these include:
- Geocaching- This adventure combines hiking with treasure hunting, and participants will use a GPS system to find and hide items called “geocaches.” Treasures are yours to keep once found.
- Cowboy Camp 101- With this package, you’ll learn the art of backcountry living, like how to start a fire and catch your own dinner.
- Fly Fishing Adventures- Anyone can take part in this activity, whether you’re a novice or an expert. To make the trip more interesting, helicopter excursions, women’s clinics and float trips in handcrafted wooden boats can be added into the journey.
Rates start at $565 per night, based on double occupancy. Adventure activities range from free and up. Click here to book.
The Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport is offering a “Surfboard and Brew” package, for guests who enjoy a mixture of thrills and relaxation. The offer includes:
- Accommodations in a newly renovated guesthouse
- Surf lessons for two people at El Porto Beach
- Two pints of beer nightly at the onsite Brewster’s Bar & Grill
Package rates start at $199 per night, based on double occupancy. Click here to book using promo code “SURFBREW.”
Until July 28, Curtain Bluff is featuring their “Active Package” for thrill-seeking guests. The offer includes:
- Four nights of accommodation
- 2-hour guided rainforest hike
- Antigua Rainforest canopy tour, with 10 zip lines and round-trip transfers
- Antigua Clay Pigeon Shooting School with round-trip transfers
- South Coast Horizons kayaking trip through mangroves with round-trip transfers
- Swimming with stingrays excursion with round-trip transfers
- All motorized and non-motorized water sports
- Two 60-minute massages
- All meals
- Bar drinks
- Use of gym, tennis courts and squash courts
- Round-trip airport transfers
Package rates start at $4,045 for a deluxe room, based on double occupancy. Click here to book.
Rosewood Tucker’s Point
Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
To help introduce guests to a truly unique adventure, Rosewood Tucker’s Point is featuring the opportunity to explore The Warwick shipwreck. Through July 24, the hotel is inviting guests to dive alongside researchers as they investigate the wreck, which is believed to date back to the Armada of 1588. It is part of the “Warwick Adventure” package, which includes luxury accommodations, and a Tuesday or Thursday dive for two people.
Package rates begin at $875 for the first night for two people. Additional nights begin at $730. Click here to book.
For those looking for adventure on a budget, Hotel Solmar is offering a great deal. Guests will be able to book three adrenaline-pumping activities for $189 per person. Excursion options include snorkeling, riding wave runners, underwater helmet diving, scuba, zip lining, ATV riding, whale watching, La Paz day trips, Todos Santos tours, horseback riding and sunset cruises.
Rates start at $161 per night. Click here to book.
Have you ever wanted to swim with the world’s largest fish? This summer, JW Marriott Cancun and CasaMagna Cancun are offering guests the chance to swim with whale sharks in the wild, as they migrate through the coastal waters of Cancun. The enormous fish can reach up to 50 feet long, as you can see in the side photo by Jeronimo Prieto. The area is home to one of the largest barrier reefs in the world, so it’s truly a memorable adventure.
A stay at the Tambo Blanquillo Lodge will allow you to explore the many facets of the Amazon Jungle. The property operates four and five-day packages, which include night hikes through the forest, piranha fishing, boating through lagoons and lakes, spotting pink dolphins, caimens, anacondas and other unique species and kayaking.
Prices start at $700 for a 4-day/3-night excursion. Click here to book.
The Ellerman House in Cape Town is located on the cliffs of Bantry Bay, and is a great home base for a wildlife safari. Through July, the hotel is offering an “Ellerman House/Grootbos Private Nature Reserve 2012” package, in conjunction with Grootbos Private Nature Reserve. With the deal, guests will receive:
- Trips to Robben Island and Table Mountain
- A full-day tour of the penguin colony at Stony Point
- Shark cage diving at Grootbos
- A social responsibility tree-planting excursion
Package rates begin at $350 per night. Click here to book.
For adventure travelers with a lot of stamina, Awasi Lodge is featuring a five day “Awasi Adventure” package, which concludes with climbing the summit of a 19,589-foot peak. The itinerary includes high trekking, downhill biking and steep hikes, as each day gets progressively more difficult to prepare you for the hardest challenge. Some activities include biking to Moon Valley, hiking Devil’s Gorge and trekking the Sairecabur Volcano.
Package rates start at $3,515 per person for five nights. Click here to book.