Welcome to Gadlinks! This is the inaugural post of what will be Gadling’s daily trip around the travel blogosphere. Aaron and I will be bringing you the newest and coolest travel news, updates, anecdotes, and insights from the world wide web. Just think of us as your very own travel link forum. You can count on us every weekday evening. Who needs the morning paper when you have Gadlinks?
Hooray for Hump Day! There’s plenty to be thankful for when it comes to our midweek travel news.
- V Australia is now teaming up with Virgin America to offer seamless cross-Pacific travel. As if Virgin wasn’t cool enough for introducing bringing the hip RED entertainment system as well as fleet-wide WiFi to the skies.
- Barefoot Wine and Surfrider Foundation are calling for a fleet of summer beachgoers to volunteer at cleanup and restoration events across the country to help make U.S. beaches “barefoot-friendly.” This summer, they hope to rescue, renew and restore 25 beaches. Check out these dates to participate in a beach cleanup near you.
- The Pulitzer Center recently announced a partnership with iWitness, bringing readers and viewers even closer to important global news, politics, and crisis reporting.
- Times are tough for travel. That’s why Interior Secretary Ken Salazar announced yesterday that entrance fees at 147 national parks and monuments will be waived for three weekends this summer. The weekends are June 20-21, July 18-19 and August 15-16. Free? Really? You’ll know where to find me.
- If you’re seeking some heart-pumping fun on your travels, you might consider one of Budget Travel’s nine breathtaking summer thrills.
- Still have room (or the stomach) for dessert? Try one of fifteen sweets you should try on the road, brought to you by BootsnAll Travel.
‘Til tomorrow, have a great evening.
For past Gadlinks, click HERE.