Bachelor Brad Womack has taken his dates from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to Costa Rica to Anguilla. On this week’s episode, visited his four final ladies in their hometowns, ostensibly to get to know their families and to see if he could spend the rest of his life with the one whom he chooses to bestow the “final rose.”
One of the four dates? The tiny Maine village (the entire town is 56 square miles) of Madawaska, which holds honor of being the most Northeastern town in the United States. Although Ashley Herbert is currently living in Philadelphia and attending dental school, she opted to spend her time with Bachelor Brad with her family in the tiny fishing hamlet (population 4,534 as of the 2000 census), which is so far towards the Canadian border that 83% of residents speak French at home. Considered the Acadian capital of Maine, town is connected via bridge to Canada.
“There are more moose in Northern Maine than there are people,” said Ashley.
Want to know the hotspots? They visited Lakeview Restaurant, where Ashley held her first job. The couple sampled poutin, which Ashley described as “basically french fries with cheese and gravy,” before heading to the local market to pick up – what else? – Lobsters.
Want to see more? Here’s a video of a “scenic drive” up the city’s “Maine” road:
Where will The Bachelor head next week? They’re jetting off to South Africa – and we’ll be tracking their adventures, right here on Gadling.
Those of us who watch The Bachelor know the deal – by the time the field narrows to just a few lucky ladies or gents, the bachelor or bachelorette of choice whisks them off to a “magical” and “romantic” locale. Past seasons have seen cast members travel to Istanbul, New Zealand and Tahiti, but this season brings us slightly closer to home, to the romantic island of Anguilla.
We, as viewers, are always skeptical of these “most romantic” locations, but when we heard the setting for this season’s Valentine’s Day episode was none other than CuisinArt Resort, we were more excited than anything else. As such, we’re excited to see that we can be guaranteed to get the “final rose” when booking their new “The Bachelor’s Journey” package, offering us regular folk the chance to live like reality stars at the five-star resort.
The special package mimics the activities that will appear on tonight’s episode – only in a more private setting (no TV cameras allowed)! Amenities include:
· Five nights, six days accommodations in a beachfront suite
· VIP airport and semi-private boat transfer from St. Maarten
· Roundtrip private car transfer for two
· Welcome drink upon arrival
· Welcome Bottle of Champagne and long stemmed rose en suite
· Daily breakfast at the resort’s acclaimed restaurant Café Mediterraneo, or continental breakfast en suite
· One intimate Torchlit Beach Dining Experience with private waiter and a specially selected bottle of wine from the Resort’s cellar
· One Dinner at Santorini, Anguilla’s only AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Restaurant
· A choice of either a World Delicacies or Caribbean theme dinner
· One Dinner at the Beach Grill with a lively ambiance and light casual fair
· “Couples Rendezvous”, a luxurious spa escape including an Anguillan Coconut Pineapple Scrub, Couples Swiss Duet Rain Shower, Rose Scented Aroma Therapy Couples Massage, Floral Escape Soothing Bath Soak, and Champagne and Strawberries offered in the privacy of a Couples Suite
· One-day car rental to explore the beauty of Anguilla as a couple
Even better? Chances are if you’re traveling with your sweetheart on this package, there’s no chance of being sent home alone. Rates for this package start at $3,580, non inclusive of tax and service fees.