If you like to wake up to a good cup of coffee, you know the appeal of having a coffee maker in your hotel room. But if you love coffee, then you also know hotel coffee can taste pretty mediocre, especially when made with tap water.
To make a better coffee, take advantage of the hotel’s ice machines — they use filtered water. Simply fill your coffee maker with ice the night before, and let it melt. You’ll enjoy the difference the free filtered water makes to your morning cup – and to your tastebuds.
Read more about coffee makers:
* Sterilize baby bottles using the hotel room coffee machine
* Cook with the coffee pot
[Photo: Flickr | stevendepolo]
Traveling with baby and need to sterilize bottles? Try this —
- Wash bottles, nipples and rings thoroughly using the hotel soap and hot running water.Rinse and set aside.
- Plug the bathroom sink. Place clean bottles, nipples and rings in sink.
- Fill the coffee machine with water and turn on (do not add coffee, tea or filter packets! Just water!).
- Let water heat up and fill the carafe.
- Pour hot water from the carafe over the bottles, nipples and rings.
- Repeat until the bottle items are completely submerged in hot water.
- Let sit for five or more minutes.
- Remove from water and use as needed.
The hardest part about hotel life, isn’t the bed, or bathroom, it’s food. What a lot of people don’t know is that you can do some quick home-styled cooking with the appliances you have available. The most important of these is the coffee pot!
The coffee pot’s heat comes from a warming plate, which is what the pot rests on. If you fill the pot with water and let it heat up, you can make anything from ramen to spaghetti.
Pro tip: just using the plate you can cook bacon, and even heat up some pop tarts in the morning for the kids.