Happy 4th of July a day early. This week we’ve welcomed another blogger Kendra Bailey Morris who will be enticing us with posts about food in her series The Accidental Chef Travels. Oh, how we love to eat at Gadling. We’re hooked already.
Also Hotel Month has kicked off. Each day will bring a new angle to where to stay and helpful tips to make your slumber experiences good ones.
And here are five posts that offer insight into destinations. As always, I’ve had a hard time choosing.
- To find the best bar in the world, check out Scott’s post on the best bar in the world. As Scott wrote, he wonders why this particular bar made the cut. He’s been there.
- Tom found a hot dog fit for royalty and since he went on a hot dog hunt he knows a great hotdog when he eats it.
- The Appalachian Trail is one of those classic networks of hiking trails that everyone should do if possible. Not the whole thing, but part of it. Kraig has details about this historic gem intimately linked with nature.
- For an idea of what to do next June, check out Alison’s post on Festa de São João in Caruaru, Brazil. She was there and gives it a hearty thumbs up.
- For a bizarre travel idea, read Aaron’s post on pirate hunting. It reminds me a bit of the short story “The Most Dangerous Game.”