When looking for posts this week that fit into a theme, I couldn’t quite see it. In that case, here is an assortment of posts that range from the useful tips to the thought provoking.
- Brenda’s Adventure Travel Medical Kits covers health issues you might have to deal with on a trip and what to do about them if you do.
- With Slumdog Millionaire up for a Best Picture Oscar, Aaron’s post Why Nicholas Kristof is right to defend “sweatshops” in his recent New York Times op-ed fits the times. I read Kristof’s piece before Aaron’s post and appreciated that Aaron chose to write about it and worked in various people’s ideas on the topic.
- Kraig’s post The Changing Face of Trekking in Nepal presented info that told me the trek I went on in the 1990s is probably not the same anymore. Like Kraig, I feel sad about the changes.
- For anyone who has ever taken a Polaroid camera on a trip in order to take pictures and give the photos away as presents, Scott’s post Bringing Polaroid back from the dead should make them pleased.
- In today’s economy there are some jobs it’s handy to know about. Alison clued us into some of the more unusual jobs around the world in her post Add airport bird hunters to the list of odd travel jobs.
And, in light of the new U.S. president, here’s Jeffery’s President Barack Obama: How will he stack up as traveler-in-chief?