One thing we’ve learned at Gadling this week is that oodles of people want those free Southwest Airlines tickets. So far, as of 3:44 pm, there are 1,162. Visiting people seems to be the biggest theme of many of the contenders’ wishes.
Other numbers of note this week:
- Abha hooked us into a Web site that pairs 100 photos with 100 words in a single moment;
- Jeffrey noted that more than 600 people were rescued off a stranded ship in the Baltic Sea;
- In her world’s most dangerous beaches post, Iva cited that in 2006, Americans took 55 million trips to a beach;
- Matthew clued us in on the 780,000 porno hits one man logged from his office in Japan; and
- Anna discovered that the world’s longest bridge, located in China, is 22.4 miles long. If you drive across it too slowly, you’ll get a fine. Since May 1, when it first opened, 300 people have had to pay up.
Share your numbers of note with us if you have any. One to think about is, how far can you get on one gallon of gas?