Travel + Leisure just released a survey that compiled airline complaint information from the Department of Transportation. In it, the number of complaints per 100,000 passengers were collected. The results are not much of a surprise – the legacy airlines take up the top spots, followed by low cost airlines and regional feeders.
Here are the top 5 airlines from the list:
- Delta Airlines – 1.96 per 100,000 passengers
- United Airlines – 1.34 per 100,000 passengers
- US Airways – 1.31 per 100,000 passengers
- Northwest Airlines – 1.21 per 100,000 passengers
- American Airlines – 1.07 per 100,000 passengers
The list is based on data from the previous year, so Delta and Northwest are still listed separately. As usual, the low cost carriers score very well – JetBlue made tenth place and Southwest Airlines doesn’t show up till the 19th spot – with a mere .21 complaints per 100,000 passengers. Click here for the complete list, along with responses from the airlines and some background information on how they may have reached their spot.
(Photo credit: AP)